The Nokia G42 5G, a mid-range device with an emphasis to be repair friendly, is the newest addition to the HMD portfolio. For the next five years, HMD will work with iFixit to provide OEM parts, service manuals, and displays, batteries, and charging ports for the Nokia G42 5G. This is also HMD’s first 5G phone that is user-repairable. The Nokia G42 5G rear is constructed of recyclable plastic and has a 50MP primary camera with an f/1.8 aperture, coupled with a 2MP macro sensor and a 2MP depth sensor. The Nokia G42 5G 6.56inch IPS LCD screen has HD+ resolution and a 90Hz refresh rate up front. The display has Gorilla Glass 3 protection and a waterdrop notch for the 8MP front-facing camera. A Snapdragon 480+ CPU, 4GB or 6GB of RAM, and 128GB of expandable storage are all present and accounted for.
HMD guarantees two years of OS upgrades and three years of monthly security fixes for the Nokia G42 5G, which runs Android 13. With typical use, the 5,000mAh battery in the phone, which supports 20W fast charging, should last three days, according to HMD. After 800 charging cycles, the battery is expected to retain 80% of its initial capacity. IP52 certification, a headphone port, and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner are further noteworthy features of Nokia G42 5G.
Nokia G42 5G Specs
- Body: 165×75.8×8.6mm, 193.8g; Glass front, plastic back, IP52 certified.
- Network: 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G.
- Display: 6.56″ IPS LCD, 90Hz, 450nits (typ), 560nits (peak), 720x1612px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 269ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 480+ 5G (8nm).
- Memory: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM.
- OS: Android 13 (1st Release).
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6.
- Bluetooth: 5.1v.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 50MP; Macro: 2MP; Depth: 2MP.
- Front camera: 8MP.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 20W, PD 3.0.
- Others: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted).