Xiaomi has officially unveiled the Redmi 12 smartphone. The gadget, which is currently available in Thailand, is a replacement for the Redmi 11 from last year. The Redmi 12’s specifications support the idea that it will not be able to compete with many iPhones or expensive Android handsets. Of course, they are not horrible, but there are several areas where Xiaomi could have cut costs to lower the price.
The 6.79-inch LCD screen on the Redmi 12 has a 90Hz refresh rate and FHD+ resolution. The punch hole cutout holds the 8MP front-facing camera, while the 50MP primary camera together with the 8MP ultrawide and 2MP macro lenses is located on the rear. At the helm is MediaTek’s Helio G88 CPU, which is supported by 4/8GBRAM, 128GB 8GB RAM and 128/256GB of additional storage through the microSD card slot. The software is handled by MIUI 14, which is based on Android 13, and the 5,000mAh battery supports up to 18W charging. There is a headphone jack, an IP53 grade for water resistance, and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Xiaomi Redmi 12 Specs
- Body: 168.6×76.3×8.2mm, 198.5g; Glass front, glass back, plastic frame; IP53 certified.
- Network: 2G, 3G, and 4G.
- Display: 6.79″ IPS LCD, 90Hz, 550nits (peak), 1080x2460px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 369ppi.
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G88 (12nm).
- Memory: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM.
- OS: Android 13, MIUI 14(1st Release).
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac.
- Bluetooth: 5.3v.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 50MP; Ultrawide angle: 8MP; Depth: 2MP.
- Front camera: 8MP.
- Battery: 5000mAh; 18W wired.
- Others: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted).